WTCNCC Summer Flex League
Tennis fun with a flexible schedule! Join the fun by registering for the WTCNCC Summer Flex League. Sign ups start on May 6, 2023 at annual Fun Day.
The league will officially begin on June 15th and continue until September 30th. Depending on interest level, we will have the following flights of play:
2.5 doubles 2.5/3.0 singles 3.0 doubles
7.0 doubles. 3.5/4.0 singles
You must be a paid WTCNCC member to participate and register with the form link below. Please direct any questions to Margie Speer (email@example.com).
If you enjoy meeting new people and would like to play on a regular basis this summer, try the WTCNCC Summer Flex League. This league was developed to help members continue to play and connect with other members throughout the summer without the pressure of a challenge ladder. Schedule matches on your own time and report the scores to the coordinator — all on your own schedule. To register, please click the registration link below.
What do I need to know?
- You must be a current paid WTCNCC Member. There are no additional fees to participate in the WTCNCC Summer Flex League.
- Matches are self-scheduled by you and your opponents. You make yourself reasonably available during the summer for your match scheduling. If you go away for most of the summer, this probably is not a good option for you.
- When signing up for the league, you will need to indicate your USTA level of play and your contact information. Doubles players must join the league as a team and play at the higher rating in the partnership. For example, if you are a 2.5 and your partner is a 3.0 you must sign up for the 3.0 level doubles. For 7.0 doubles you must be: 3.5/3.5 or 3.0/4.0. You may sign up for both singles and doubles if you have the availability.
- The coordinator will email you the league rules and participant information after you sign-up.
- The WTCNCC Summer League concludes at the end of September.
SUMMER FLEX LEAGUE DETAILS & RULES:
Scheduling Matches: Matches are self-scheduled by players within playing periods. If you are having difficulty scheduling with another player (or team), we suggest you try others on the list who might be available rather than let a playing period go by without completing matches. See below for defaults. Notify the coordinator if you must withdraw for injury or other scheduling problem.
Points/league winners: Players are awarded 1 point for each match they play and 1 point for each set won. The more you play – the more points you accumulate! The player or team in each division with the most points at the end of the season is the winner of that division. In the case of a tie in points, the winner will be determined by total games won.
Defaults: Signing up for this league presumes your availability to play your matches. If participants are repeatedly unable to schedule a match with an opposing player or team, a 1 point default will be awarded. You must notify the scorekeeper of the circumstances leading to claiming a default.
League Winners: Winners will be recognized at the WTCNCC Fall Challenge. Winners will receive gift cards by mail.
Reporting Scores: All scores should be sent via email to the division scorekeeper. The winner of the match should report the score and copy her opponent for verification. When reporting scores, please include the match date, USTA level, your team number, your opponent’s team number and the match score. If you are reporting a default, please describe the circumstances.
Matches: Teams will play the best of 2 out of 3 sets. If players split sets, they have the option of playing the third set or using the 10-point match tiebreaker. All players involved must agree to playing a third set, otherwise the 10-point tiebreak will be used. Each team brings a can of new balls and the winner takes the unopened can. If there are court fees they are to be split between the players.
Late/No-Show Policy: If a player has not arrived by 15 minutes after the scheduled match time and has not notified her opponent of any delay, the player will be considered a “no-show” and will forfeit the match (a forfeit = 3 points and results in a 6-0, 6-0 match score).